us

us

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Monique- A little bit about me....

I'm Monique. I'm lazy, so I'm going to use the bio I put together for The Rotary Club of Lafayette North recently! 
Monique was born and raised in New Orleans, Kenner really, until her last couple of years of high school when she moved with her family to Covington to raise ratites (ostriches, emus, rheas.) LSU survived her 5 years there while she received her Bachelor's of Science in Wildlife and Fisheries with minors in Zoology, Microbiology, and Music Composition. She then finally received her DVM from Ross University on St. Kitts Island, spending her clinical year at Mizzou in Columbia, Missouri. She now works at ULL NIRC as a vet, and lives with her son, Nic, 2 dogs, 2 cats, and a snake. She loves reading, hiking, pianoing, birdwatching, and of course Saving the Animals!

Besides that, I started triathlons just about a year ago and was training for one, bicycling, when I was hit from behind by an unlicensed/uninsured/unregistered driver, which broke my neck. I didn't know if I was going to be able to feed myself, much less walk, again. But, I'm recovering. It ain't easy, and it's tough, but it's happening! I'm 100% out of a wheelchair and I aim to race again!
I have my own blog here: Tri, Tri Again!

Jenny and I have known each other since high school and have been friends since college, through our mutual friend Loey! Jenny introduced me to Perky because our situations are so similar. So here we are!

OH, my boyfriend and I were recently temporarily famous for this silly picture at the end of a half marathon...
Here's us: The Today Show

No comments:

Post a Comment