us

us

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Amy-Holy shit...KICKED ASS!!!


      I'm still shaking. The assistant D.A. Came to us before court and told us that he wouldn't get jail time, that the most he'd get was a year probation and be ordered to pay restitution for out-of-pocket medical expenses. She tried apologizing, saying how she sits up nights trying to find ways to bring justice to these people. I said "I appreciate that, but with all due respect, he FUCKED my world up!!!". She said a fee more things which I tuned out bc I was SOOOO fuckin pissed, and just stared straight ahead. His docket came up and the assistant DA said "your honor, one of the victims is here and would like to speak". I felt every eye in the court room on me as I walked up to the stand and got sworn in. The assistant DA asked "Mrs. Sutton, is this Derek Perrilloux, the man who hit you seated here?". With a sneer on my face, I locked eyes with him and said "yes it is". She then asked a few questions about the accident and Bailey, and asked  if I had anything to say. I said "your honor, this man drove into us head-on. I broke my left leg in 4 places and my right ankle, broke every rib, fractured my spine and had a brain injury. My life as I knew it, is over. I can't lift more than 2 lbs. with my left arm. I was a successful RN, a mother, a runner...6 miles a day every day, even when I was nine months pregnant. To the average onlooker, I look ok"...then I locked eyes with him and said "Mr. Perrilloux, I will never be ok again...because of YOU!!! I know you have 2 kids, and I sincerely hope you never have anything like this happen to your family!!!".
      You could hear a pin drop...the judge looked over her glasses at me and said "what sentence would you recommend? 0-5years?" I didn't even let her finish the words before I said "FIVE!!!". I stepped down, and she deliberated with his attorney and the DA. The judge said he gets 5 years, 4 of them suspended, one he MUST serve. After that, she wanted him on house arrest. His attorney said "your honor, are we saying one year house arrest with no jail time?", and she said "No, he has to serve!". We go back June 11th to see if they're gonna accept, or go to trial!
     It felt sooooooo good to stare him down with my teeth gritted and tell him all that he has taken!!! He squirmed in his chair, sometimes looking at me, sometimes looking down. I think I did a pretty good job conveying to him what a piece of shit I think he is! Thank you everyone for your support!!!

2 comments:

  1. You Go Momma. What an Awesome Day. Love And Miss U.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Pamcake! I would never have made it thru all this without friends like you and my family!:)

    ReplyDelete