us

us

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Jenny- A little bit about me....

I'm Jenny. I laugh so hard I can't talk, smile too much, I try to have fun whenever I go and I spent all 4 years of college on roller skates. I am 35 a wife and mother of 2 beautiful kids, I'm kinda obsessed with index cards, and I'm a heart patient. Try not to be jealous. I'm the friend you take with you at 3am to test out all the noise making devices during Christmas in Wal-Mart.  I think sometimes you need to actively decide to live, not just be alive, but live.

Heart disease is not all I am, it's something I have. I've been fighting with my heart since I was 18.  I'm alive because I refuse to die.  I've had 9 heart surgeries/procedures. I have a pacemaker named "Bob."  Bob is freaking awesome. So bring it on.  Sign me up.  Life is what you make of it.  So things happen sometimes.  Why? I'm still working on that part. But I'm pretty sure I'm here to teach people about adversity and heart disease. I also am pretty sure I'm supposed to bring gansta rap to the hospital.  Because those people need a little gansta rap in their lives. The hospital is boring, yo.

So how do I know my writing cohorts?  I met Monique through mutual friends in high school and we met back up in college.  I met Perky in high school. Both of them laugh at my jokes and don't question me when I say stuff like, "Let's get up in the middle of the night and look for fireflies." So we get along just perfect.  Both of them have pulled me through some pretty bad situations all while maintaining awesome abilities to make me laugh. Sometimes you have to dig deep and find your strength within you and sometimes you need someone to tell you it will all be okay.

I'm like one thing away from writing a fantastic country song.  My dog died, I got a pacemaker at 35, and I haven't seen my baby in 7 weeks.  But I'm on the upswing people.  I'm ready to raise hell again.





Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment